Cook, deckhand, divetender
We are seeking one person to deckhand, cook and dive tend on a sailing vessel for winter dive trips. This is a paid position with opportunity for long-term seasonal work.
Applicants should have proven deckhand and cooking skills, and be experienced in running a small zodiac. Return travel fare from Vancouver or Vancouver Island to Bella Bella will be provided.
Anticipated Start Date:
Nov 30, 2016
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Running a small zodiac, including shore landings and anchoring; handling equipment
- Dive tending: running small boat, assisting underwater videographers with gear, maintaining safety
- Deckhand responsibilities: maintain safety, clean and maintain all areas of the boat, and assist other crewmembers as directed
- Cooking: plan and preparing nutritious and delicious meals and snacks for up to 10 people; clean and maintain the galley
- Working in a fast-paced environment in tight quarters with people from diverse backgrounds, with lots of rain
We are seeking applicants that have significant experience in cooking and deckhanding. Divetending experience is as asset. Must have at least two references and a Pleasure Craft Operators License at minimum.
How To Apply:
Together with your resume and references, please forward a cover letter highlighting your relevant skills, experience, any connection you have with Pacific Wild, and copies of any marine or other relevant certifications to Krista Roessingh at email@example.com at any time.
We will review applications and contact eligible applicants as positions come up, with as much notice given as possible. Whenever possible we will arrange to meet eligible applicants for an interview where they live.
Aug 13, 2016