Pacific Wild is calling on all artists to commemorate Takaya in the form of artwork. Paintings, sculptures, multi-media, textiles… If you can imagine it, we’d love to see it and share it.
This is the first part in our Covid-19 community building efforts, to celebrate all species in the Great Bear Rainforest and beyond, through artistic expression. Our first subject in this series is Takaya, as photographed by Cheryl. We’re inviting amateur and professional artists to submit images of their art pieces with the hashtag #ArtForTakaya during the month of May.
how to participate
- Create your Takaya inspired artwork
- Share it on Instagram with the hashtag #ArtForTakaya and tag @friendsofpacificwild in order to be featured in our #ArtForTakaya feed.
- Decide what you want to do with your piece:
- Gift it to someone or swap it for a piece created by another artist
- Keep it commemorate Takaya for yourself
- Sell it and donate the proceeds to Pacific Wild’s wolf campaign
Cheryl Alexander welcomes artists to use her imagery of Takaya to help inspire your artwork. You’re welcome to collaborate with other artists.
takaya t-shirt design contest
Thank you to all the artists and designers for submitting your works to our Takaya-inspired t-shirt design contest!
winning submission by Diana Rodriguez
During the week of May 11, 2020, we asked the public to vote on their favourite t-shirt design from the submission shortlist. Congratulations to Diana Rodriguez on receiving the most votes and for winning the contest! Thank you to all the amazing artists who participated and for the ~1,000 people who voted.