Pacific Wild is the leading voice for wildlife conservation in the Great Bear Rainforest and beyond. Our team develops and implements powerful conservation campaigns that move people in thought and action. Currently, we focus on a variety of issues including sustainable fisheries, marine protected areas, and predator management.
The ideal candidate is dedicated to editorial excellence and enjoys making scientific and conservation information accessible to general audiences. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about wildlife and conservation issues. The ideal candidate is committed and enjoys working in a small non-profit team.
- Liaise with Pacific Wild staff and partner organizations, monitor relevant traditional media stories, and review scientific data and information to create written and creative materials
- Cover campaign developments and environmental occurrences for website, blog posts, and social media
- Collaborate with Pacific Wild’s Campaign Team to assist in the development of infographics, handouts, direct mailing leaflets, promotional videos, and other creative media assets for communications purposes
- Develop, deploy, and implement PR and media relations strategies
- Assist with communications and administrative tasks such as general website upkeep and media database organization
- Assist in community management activities in Pacific Wild’s Mighty Networks account, The Call
- Attend various conservation and community engagement events in Vancouver/Victoria on behalf of Pacific Wild for outreach purposes
Communications, Marketing, or Science Communications undergraduate student preferred.
- Demonstrate the ability to research, process, organize, and present information interestingly and convincingly
- Able to prioritize work assignments and deliver by the appropriate deadlines
- Able to work both independently and within a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (photo editing, graphic layout, video editing, etc,) would be considered an asset
Deadline to Apply: August 12
Dates: August 31 to October 23
Salary: $18 an hour, 37.5 hours (5 days) per week
How to Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply at [email protected] with your resume and cover letter outlining your background and experience. Priority will be given to applicants residing in Victoria, BC or those willing to relocate.