The Government of Canada has partially funded this job through the Canada Summer Jobs program. In order to be eligible to participate, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be between the ages of 15 and 30 at the start of the employment period;
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person who has been granted refugee status;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Pacific Wild is the leading voice for wildlife conservation in the Great Bear Rainforest and beyond. Our team develops and implements powerful conservation campaigns that move people in thought and action. Currently, we focus on a variety of issues including sustainable fisheries, marine protected areas, and predator management.
The Digital Assistant will provide hands-on support to the Digital Library Manager and Post Production Manager. They will help manage and organize Pacific Wild’s image and footage database, and assist in the post-production workflow and dissemination of materials. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about wildlife and conservation issues. The ideal candidate is committed and enjoys working in a small non-profit team.
- Work under the direction of the Digital Library Manager to ingest and coordinate Pacific Wild’s image and footage catalogues
- Help coordinate stock materials requests and dissemination of materials to clients and partners
- Assist with developing the digital library collection of video by helping to organize the content
- Assist with developing the metadata, tagging, and description of various videos on the Media Asset Management System
- In collaboration with the Post Production Manager, help to produce, and edit video assets that maintain brand integrity, elevate the brand internally and externally, deliver meaningful experiences, and ensure tangible conservation outcomes.
- Assist with the creation of stock videos and short clips
- Bachelor’s degree student with a focus in media, engineering, environmental studies, or library studies
- Experience or exposure to video editing, including sound editing, with a variety of formats
- Understanding of editing principles, trends, and best practices
- Skills or ability in sound design, colour correction/grading, and/or animation
- Experience or exposure in digital asset management
- Knowledge of cataloguing standards, metadata, and linked data
- Experience or exposure to PhotoShelter, SmugMug, Kyno Media Asset Management, YoYotta LTO Archiving
- Knowledge of video and post production
- Knowledge of Instagram reels, posting and current social trends
- Knowledge of metadata and video sub clipping
- Basic proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Project Management software and Google Drive
- Reliable, responsive, and open to feedback and direction
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as a team
Deadline to Apply: June 30, 2021
Dates: July 12, 2021 – September 3, 2021
Salary: $19.50 an hour
Hours: 7 hour workday/ 35 hours per week/ 5 days per week
Location: Victoria, BC / On site at PW office
Apply to: [email protected]
Pacific Wild is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration, regardless of their age, gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, any physical or mental disabilities, or other characteristics protected by applicable human rights laws.