Pacific Wild is seeking an experienced, passionate and self-motivated Executive Assistant to support the Executive Director. This exciting role requires a superior attention to detail, strong organization skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines while juggling multiple priorities. The successful candidate will possess a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, the ability to complete complex tasks quickly, and display an appropriate sense of urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for preparing, organizing and coordinating documentation flowing to and from the office of the Executive Director; ensuring accurate and timely delivery of materials; providing administrative support; and, keeping the Executive Director apprised of issues and activities. Ideally, the successful candidate will have a background in non-profits and/or conservation with a passion and interest those fields.
This is a remote opportunity for candidates residing in Southern Vancouver Island or the Vancouver area.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Executive Assistant, supporting a top-level executive
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in administration, business or equivalent
- Experience with non-profits in the conservation field, would be considered an asset
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport across all levels of the company
- A high level of professionalism and diplomacy with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills with the ability to communicate to a diverse audience
- A strategic thinker with experience prioritizing, managing and executing projects from inception to completion
- Experience working remotely, managing hours and responsibilities to meet position goals
- Willingness to ask for help as needed
- Coordinate and manage a complex calendar, reviewing conflicts in advance that require re-prioritization and/or providing necessary meeting notes and background information in preparation for each appointment
- Manage and establish clarity to all incoming enquiries/requests for information
- Compose and/or edit a variety of documents including highly confidential correspondence, memoranda, spreadsheets, presentations, personnel documentation, contracts and proposals
- Complete special research projects as directed
- Screen and distribute incoming email, responding when and as appropriate
- Arrange travel, including air, accommodations, vehicle rentals, etc.
- Plan, coordinate and implement business and special events in support of company objectives
- Prepare and review expense reports in accordance with Company Expense Policy
- Set-up, maintain and update paper and electronic filing systems
Pacific Wild is a non-profit located on the coast of British Columbia, Canada. We are committed to defending wildlife and their habitat by developing and implementing conservation solutions in collaboration with First Nations communities, scientists, other organizations, and a mobilized citizenry. Pacific Wild supports innovative research, public education, community outreach, and awareness to achieve the goal of lasting environmental protection in the Great Bear Rainforest. Our team pursues projects and activities through three main initiatives in order to achieve our conservation goals: Ocean, Land, and Community.
We are a small but mighty team with many skills and experiences. We work closely together in day to day operations while maintaining our overarching goals. We have weekly conference call meetings and in-person work/strategy sessions several times a year. Staff manage their own time and responsibilities and always keep in mind that everything we do is a team effort.
We are dedicated to the protection of this coast. In our off hours we’re all alert to developments affecting the Great Bear Rainforest and the BC Coast as a whole
Interested? Please apply online at https://engagedhr.prevueaps.com/jobs/98050.html with a copy of your resume and cover letter. This position will close on May 7, 2019.