Position: Community Development Assistant and Jr. Designer
Role Criteria: The Government of Canada has partially funded this job through the Canada Summer Jobs program. In order to be eligible to participate, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be between the ages of 15 and 30 at the start of the employment period;
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person who has been granted refugee status;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
About Us: Pacific Wild is the leading voice for wildlife conservation in the Great Bear Rainforest and beyond. Our team develops and implements powerful conservation campaigns that move people in thought and action. Currently, we focus on a variety of issues including sustainable fisheries, marine protected areas, and predator management.
The Community Development Assistant / Jr. Designer assists the Director of Community with event planning and management, fundraising activities and business development for third party supporters of Pacific Wild, and assists with standard communications design for the Friends of Pacific Wild program and our donor communications, as well as content gathering for internal and external communications design with the Creative Director.
Community Development Support
- Research potential third party fundraisers that will expand our reach, grow fundraising revenues and leverage introductions to other similar organizations and individuals
- Assist with planning virtual and if applicable live in-person events to increase engagement with supporters, grow contact lists, and identify potential donors or connectors; includes design and communications support
- Research high-visibility champions for major campaigns
- Follow up with third party fundraisers working in contracts with Pacific Wild and ensure both the fundraiser and Pacific Wild are meeting the terms of the agreement
- Develop social content for our Friends of Pacific Wild network
- Assist with running the annual virtual Wild Auction
- Work with the Creative Director to establish a bank of social media graphics and templates for easy drag and drop creation for the Friends of Pacific Wild and Donor Communications
- Assist with the development of data-driven graphics for Pacific Wild’s key campaigns such as graphs, infographics, and slide decks
- Gather content from stakeholders for various campaigns, donors and third party fundraiser – audio, visual and graphics – for communications development
- 2 yr Certificate or Bachelor’s degree student (2nd year minimum) in communications design, environmental communications, fundraising, or non-profit related post-secondary study with strong graphic design skills.
- Graphic design, communications design, environmental communications exposure
- Strong creative thinking and storytelling skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and excellent record keeping
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to draw out motivation for engaging with Pacific Wild
- Basic proficiency with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, project management tools, Google Drive
- Event planning experience with a drive for high engagement and long-term relationship building
- Experience creating content for multiple social media platforms
- Experience preparing for and/or conducting short audio or video interviews an asset for content generation purposes an asset
Deadline to Apply: August 22, 2021
Dates of Employment: September 7 – November 1, 2021
Salary: $19.50 an hour
Hours: 7 hour workday/ 35 hours per week/ 5 days per week
Location: Victoria BC preferred/ Remote workplace/ Flexible work arrangement
Pacific Wild is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration, regardless of their age, gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, any physical or mental disabilities, or other characteristics protected by applicable human rights laws.