Role Criteria: The Government of Canada has partially funded this job through the Canada Summer Jobs program. In order to be eligible to participate, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be between the ages of 15 and 30 at the start of the employment period;
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person who has been granted refugee status;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
About Us: Pacific Wild is the leading voice for wildlife conservation in the Great Bear Rainforest and beyond. Our team develops and implements powerful conservation campaigns that move people in thought and action. Currently, we focus on a variety of issues including sustainable fisheries, marine protected areas, and wildlife management.
Duties: The Community Development Assistant supports the Director of Community in activities relating to fundraising, stewardship, event planning and production, and community engagement in SaveBCWolves.org and Friends of Pacific Wild & Wild Auction 2023.
Wild Auction 2023
- Work closely with the Director of Community & Systems to plan the 2023 Wild Auction Fundraiser and corresponding events in Victoria, B.C.
- Liaise with artists and donors to identify their interest level, commitment and conditions of needs to ensure donor satisfaction and retention
- Conduct market research, gather information and curate a list of donors and donation items most likely to be a successful fundraising tool in an online silent auction
- Organizing facilities manage all event’s details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc
- Write draft press release and event listings for arts and recreation websites
- Create social media draft posts for donors to wild auction
Fundraising, Donor Stewardship and Community Engagement
- Assist with contacting donors to update profiles and communication preferences
- Help with development of spring conservation fundraiser, game-based
- Write draft content for automated email journeys for first-time donors, new monthly donors, new newsletter subscribers, petition signers and letter writers
- With direction from Director of Community, plan projects for community engagement and advocacy around campaigns
- Excellent communication and intrapersonal skills
- Strong researching abilities, and excellent organizational skills
- Highly motivated and self-directed, with ability to work independently, manage projects, proactively solve problems, develop ideas, and execute on deliverables
- Ability to manage time and tasks effectively with strong attention to detail and organization
- Ability to locate, recruit, and maintain relationships with new and existing donors
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Word and Excel, Google suite of applications and experience with Bloomerang or other donor management software an asset
- Demonstrated experience in event planning
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and experience organizing within a decolonization framework
Deadline to Apply: May 21 2023 at Midnight
Dates of Employment: June 1, 2023 (or sooner) for an 8-12 week period depending on funding
Salary: $19.50 an hour
Hours: 7-hour workday/ 35 hours per week/ 5 days per week
Location: Victoria, BC
Pacific Wild is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration, regardless of their age, gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, any physical or mental disabilities, or other characteristics protected by applicable human rights laws.