Role Criteria: The Government of Canada has partially funded this job through the Canada Summer Jobs program. In order to be eligible to participate, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be between the ages of 15 and 30 at the start of the employment period;
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person who has been granted refugee status;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
About Us: Pacific Wild is the leading voice for wildlife conservation in the Great Bear Rainforest and beyond. Our team develops and implements powerful conservation campaigns that move people in thought and action. Currently, we focus on a variety of issues including sustainable fisheries, marine protected areas, and wildlife management.
Duties: The Digital Asset Management Assistant (DAM Assistant) will be assisting the IT Asset Management Specialist in the organizing and cataloging of all the digital assets,i. Inputting metadata and creating systems to track rights usage and collecting information for campaigns that would support the team. The DAM Assistant will also spend time scrubbing through footage to help isolate primary assets for the team to utilize.
- Assist with managing the video library catalogue with over 600TB of footage and developing the image catalogue of over 10TB
- Assist with implementing metadata, tagging, and description of various videos on the Media Asset Management System called Kyno.
- Working within Kyno to transfer metadata for image and footage rights and usage
- Assist in locating external and internal footage requests
- Assist in scrubbing through footage and creating subclips for campaigns and stock
- Identifying and tagging footage that can be transferred from the primary video
- Ability to work as a team
- Knowledge of metadata, tagging, sub-clips, and library systems
- Bachelor’s degree student with a focus on media, environmental, library, or computer studies
- Experience or exposure in digital asset management and media asset
- Knowledge of cataloging standards, organization, and linked data
- Experience or exposure with PhotoShelter, SmugMug, Kyno Media Asset Management, YoYotta LTO Archiving, WeTransfer, DropBox
- Basic proficiency with Macintosh OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Monday.com,
- Google Drive, and Synology (Network Accessed Server)
- Reliable, responsive, and open to feedback and direction
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and follow directions from documentation and tasks
Deadline to Apply: April 30, 2023
Dates of Employment: May 29, 2023 for a 8-12 week period depending on funding
Salary: $19.50 an hour
Hours: 7-hour workday/ 35 hours per week/ 5 days per week
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter outlining your background and experience.
Pacific Wild is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration, regardless of their age, gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, any physical or mental disabilities, or other characteristics protected by applicable human rights laws.