Role Criteria: The Government of Canada has partially funded this job through the Canada Summer Jobs program. In order to be eligible to participate, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be between the ages of 15 and 30 at the start of the employment period;
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person who has been granted refugee status;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
About Us: Pacific Wild is the leading voice for wildlife conservation in the Great Bear Rainforest and beyond. Our team develops and implements powerful conservation campaigns that move people in thought and action. Currently, we focus on a variety of issues including sustainable fisheries, marine protected areas, and wildlife management.
Duties: The Post Production Assistant will be assisting the Post Production Manager in editing and collecting footage to use for campaigns and internal video requests. Scrubbing through footage to identify footage usage and creating sub-clips that can be used for social media reels and species footage banks.
- Assist the Post Production Manager to produce and edit video assets that maintain brand integrity, elevate the brand internally and externally, deliver meaningful experiences, and ensure tangible conservation outcomes.
- Help coordinate stock materials requests and short clips
- Assist with day-to-day/general footage and image management and fulfillment, including footage and image requests.
- Ability to work with video editing software or the willingness to learn
- Ability to work as a team
- Knowledge of video and post-production
- Knowledge of Instagram reels, posting, and current social trends
- Bachelor’s degree student with a focus in media, environmental studies,
- Experience or exposure to video editing, including sound editing, with a variety of formats
- Understanding of editing principles, trends, and best practices
- Skills or ability in sound design, color correction/grading, and/or animation
- Experience or exposure in digital asset management would be considered as asset
- Reliable, responsive, and open to feedback and direction
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Using Adobe Creative Suite, Redlog (camera software), Adobe, Google, Red Rushes (post-production software/media transcoder), social media (Vimeo/youtube/kodex), Monday.com
Deadline to Apply: April 30, 2023
Dates of Employment: May 29, 2023 for a 8-12 week period depending on funding
Salary: $19.50 an hour
Hours: 7-hour workday/ 35 hours per week/ 5 days per week
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Apply by emailing email@example.com with your resume and cover letter outlining your background and experience.
Pacific Wild is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration, regardless of their age, gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, any physical or mental disabilities, or other characteristics protected by applicable human rights laws.