Position: Post Production Assistant
Role Criteria: The Government of Canada has partially funded this job through the Canada Summer Jobs program. In order to be eligible to participate, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be between the ages of 15 and 30 at the start of the employment period;
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person who has been granted refugee status;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
About Us: Pacific Wild is the leading voice for wildlife conservation in the Great Bear Rainforest and beyond. Our team develops and implements powerful conservation campaigns that move people in thought and action. Currently, we focus on a variety of issues including sustainable fisheries, marine protected areas, and predator management.
Duties: The Post Production Assistant will be assisting the Post Productions Manager in editing and collecting footage to use for campaigns and internal video requests. Scrubbing through footage to identify footage usage and creating sub-clips that can be used for social media reels and species footage banks.
- Help coordinate stock materials requests and short clips
- Assist with developing the video library catalogue with over 400TB of footage
- Assist with developing the metadata, tagging, and descriptions of various videos on the Media Asset Management System called Kyno.
- In collaboration with the Post Production Manager, help to produce and edit video assets that maintain brand integrity, elevate the brand internally and externally, deliver meaningful experiences, and ensure tangible conservation outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree student with a focus in media, environmental studies, or library studies
- Ability to work with video editing software
- Knowledge of video and post-production
- Knowledge of Instagram reels, posting, and current social trends
- Knowledge of metadata and video sub clipping
- Experience or exposure to video editing, including sound editing, with a variety of formats
- Understanding of editing principles, trends, and best practices
- Skills or ability in sound design, color correction/grading, and/or animation
- Experience or exposure in digital asset management
- Knowledge of cataloging standards, metadata, and linked data
- Experience or exposure with PhotoShelter, SmugMug, Kyno Media Asset Management, YoYotta LTO Archiving, and Synology (Network Accessed Server)
- Reliable, responsive, and open to feedback and direction
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Redlog (camera software), Adobe, Google, Red Rushes (post-production software/media transcoder), social media (Vimeo/youtube/kodex), Monday.com
Deadline to Apply: May 22, 2022
Dates of Employment: June 6, 2022 – July 29, 2022 with possibility for extension
Salary: $19.50 an hour
Hours: 7 hour workday/ 35 hours per week/ 5 days per week
Location: Victoria, BC
Pacific Wild is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration, regardless of their age, gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, any physical or mental disabilities, or other characteristics protected by applicable human rights laws.