Pacific Wild is Hiring a Video Editor
Video Editor + Digital Assets Manager
Pacific Wild is looking for a visual storyteller with strong video editing skills to support our conservation campaigns. The suitable applicant will gain access to the world’s largest video library of 8K, IMAX-quality footage of stunning Great Bear Rainforest landscapes, underwater scenes, and a vast array of rare wildlife imagery. As a video editor, you will work with a small production team alongside the Director of Communications and Creative Director. Editing work will primarily be videos for including 1-minute conservation shorts with text graphics, and longer (2-5 minutes) videos focused on storytelling. You will also edit weekly, short videos to be used across Pacific Wild’s social media channels. Beyond editing, this position will work with the editorial team to plan and schedule new video content, including research and writing short scripts, plus selecting footage. When footage comes in you will prep it and edit it into rough cuts for review by the editorial team. You will put the finishing touches on the final videos and upload them to Vimeo and YouTube. You will archive projects and index and archive raw footage.
· Minimum one year experience as a video editor.
· Strong video post-production skills using Adobe Premiere Pro on a Mac.
· Strong audio mixing skills.
· Basic motion graphic skills; more advanced skills and experience a plus.
· Experience with storytelling and script writing.
· The ability to effectively communicate to team members.
· An openness to direction and suggested changes to your work from senior team members and experts.
· The ability to meet deadlines while working independently on multiple projects.
· Experience or demonstrated interest in coastal environments, science, geography, and/or history.
· We are looking for a self-starter who is able to work independently, yet collaboratively, as part of a team.
· We value creativity and a good sense of humour.
This full-time position can be remote—preferably on Vancouver Island, the Sea-to-Sky region, or Vancouver. Some travel may be required. A salary will be negotiated based on the experience of the successful candidate.
Please go here to apply. While we appreciate your interest, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.