Pacific Wild is currently seeking a full-time, permanent Video Editor with strong visual storytelling, video editing, asset management and post-production skills to support our conservation campaigns.
Are you passionate about creating visually impactful and compelling stories to inspire greater protection for coastal ecosystems and wildlife? Do you have experience documenting, storing, analyzing, organizing, and cataloguing digital assets? Are you a self-starter who is able to work independently, yet collaboratively as part of a team? Do you value creativity and possess a good sense of humour? We do too. Come join us!
Pacific Wild is a small but well-established conservation charitable organization, with our office headquarters located in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia. Using powerful and authentic visual storytelling, evidence-based reporting, innovative research, public education, legal action and community-led initiatives, Pacific Wild leverages its many partnerships to influence public opinion, policy, and legislative change to protect ecosystems and sustain biodiversity throughout the Pacific Northwest.
At Pacific Wild, we are committed to defending wildlife and their habitats by developing and implementing conservation solutions in collaboration with First Nations, local communities, creators, scientists, businesses, organizations, and a mobilized citizenry.
We are committed to our work and seek to uphold our core organizational values – passion, integrity, diversity, accountability, and respect – in everything that we do. We are committed to providing a safe, respectful, and inclusive workspace for everyone and encourage applicants who bring unique perspectives, worldviews and backgrounds.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation with a great benefits plan
- An environment that fosters the spirit of creativity and innovation
- A remarkably talented, passionate, and strongly self-motivated team
- A culture that supports justice, equity, diversity, decolonization and inclusion in the workplace
The Video Editor produces content for our environmental campaigns that inspire, educate, and mobilize audiences. Working with one of the most extensive large-format natural history video and film libraries on the Pacific coast this position ensures the creation of high quality, high-impact, short and long-form videos. Content must be on-brand and follow the latest standards and trends in content marketing and design. They will help manage and organize the Pacific Wild image and footage database, and play a key role in the post-production workflow and dissemination of materials. A strong storyteller, they will produce high-value content for commercial broadcast, streaming and social media platforms.
- Work with the Communications team to assist in the full film production process for identified projects and campaigns, from ideation and pre-production through production and post, including budget and timeline management
- Videography skills an asset and may include film interviews, field work, events, and b-roll as needed
- Produce video assets that maintain brand integrity, elevate the brand internally and externally, deliver meaningful experiences, drive impact, and ensure tangible conservation outcomes
- Manage elements of day-to-day/general footage and image management and fulfillment, including footage and image requests
- Effectively piece together stories from existing script or outline
- This job requires online and offline editing, including finishing with colour correction, sound mixing and delivering final files
- Work with the IT Asset Management Specialist to ingest and manage Pacific Wild’s image and footage catalogues
- Help coordinate stock materials requests and dissemination of materials to clients and partners
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years’ experience in video editing, including sound editing, with a variety of formats
- Talent in the art of storytelling, demonstrating creative thinking and problem-solving
- Strong understanding of editing principles, trends, and best practices, especially for online advocacy campaigns
- Experience with natural history/wildlife filmmaking, either in the field or postproduction
- Skills with sound design, colour correction/grading, and/or animation
- Demonstrated ability and comfort with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with DaVinci Resolve and high-resolution data workflows, especially RED cinema workflows and colour science
- High production capacity, with the ability and motivation to produce videos in a tight turnaround
- Strong time management skills, with ability to prioritize and balance multiple simultaneous projects
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Highly motivated and self-directed, with ability to work independently, proactively solve problems, and execute on deliverables
- Experienced and comfortable working collaboratively in a creative team
- Reliable, responsive, and open to feedback and direction
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience and demonstrable passion for environmental issues and campaigns a great asset
Qualifications & Education
- Degree in Film Arts/Digital Production/Video Journalism or equivalent experience
This is a full-time, permanent position working from our office in Victoria, BC.
To be considered for opportunity, please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter outlining your background and experience. Applications will be accepted until February 26, 2023 at midnight.
Pacific Wild is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration, regardless of their age, gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, any physical or mental disabilities, or other characteristics protected by applicable human rights laws.